How To Remove Powered By Shopify
Table Of Contents
Recent Posts5 Best Shopping Cart Software to start an eCommerce Business Smart Marketing Strategies for Small Businesses Crucial Tips If You Want to Start Using SEO for Your Business Finding The Top Long Island Marketing Companies How Do I Start a Dropshipping Business? Avoid These 6 Common Facebook Marketing Mistakes Facebook Marketing Is A Winner How To Sell Using Fear Increasing Benefits of Link-less Brand Mentions How to Retain Customers Creating Ephemeral Content: Utilizing FOMO in Marketing Facebook Advertising Tools to Amplify Your ROI
As you gaze upon your new online storefront, you might notice the words ‘Powered by Shopify’ staring back at you. Although this small bit of text simply means you used their ecommerce platform to create your shop, it could take away from your branding efforts and reflect poorly on your company. Barring that, you might just dislike its aesthetics and want it to go away. Thankfully, it’s actually quite easy to remove the text. Here’s how.
Where ‘Powered by Shopify’ is Displayed
When you create your online store, the ‘Powered by Shopify’ text is displayed by default in two spots. Before your site goes live, it’s found on the bottom of the password page. Once you publish your site, the text moves to the footer instead. You can remove the text from both spots through the admin page.
If your online store is live, you’ll see ‘Powered by Shopify’ in the footer until you change it. If you want to leave that area blank or have the footer say something else, just follow these steps:
- Login to your Shopify account and navigate to the ‘Admin’ page
- Click on ‘Online Store’ and go to the ‘Themes’ tab
- Find the theme you’re using and click on the ‘Action’ dropdown menu
- Click on ‘Languages’ in the dropdown menu to see your settings
- Type ‘powered’ into the filter box at the top of the page
- Scroll down to the box that says ‘Powered by Shopify’
- Erase or replace that text to change what it says in the footer
Once you’re done, simply click the ‘Save’ button at the top of the page to preserve your changes. Then, go to your store page to check that it worked. When you scroll down to the footer, you should see ‘Powered by Shopify’ is either gone or replaced with whatever you typed into the box.
How to Remove the Text from the Password Page
If your site is not yet live, you will have the ‘Powered by Shopify’ text on the password page instead. You can remove it by completing these quick and easy steps:
- Log into your account and go to the ‘Admin’ page
- Select ‘Online Store’ from the menu, and then navigate to the ‘Themes’ tab
- On your theme, click the dropdown ‘Action’ menu, and then select ‘Languages’
- In the filter box at the top of the page, type in ‘powered’ and hit enter
- Scroll down to find the ‘Powered by Shopify’ HTML box
- Delete the text inside that box or replace it with your own message
When you’re done, look at the top of the page for the ‘Save’ button. Click it, and then go to the password page to confirm your changes were applied. If not, then repeat the process and make sure that it saves before moving forward.
Replacing ‘Powered by Shopify’ with an External Link
If you want to redirect your shoppers to an external link, you’ll need to follow these steps instead:
- Upon logging in, go to the ‘Admin’ page
- Click on ‘Online Store,’ and then ‘Themes’
- On your theme, select ‘Edit Code’ from the dropdown ‘Actions’ menu
- Select the ‘Sections’ folder, and then ‘Footer.Liquid’
- Add <a href=”url”>link text</a> to the code
- In that code, replace ‘url’ with the actual URL of your website
- Then, replace ‘link text’ with whatever you want the link to say
Save your changes, and then check out your store page to see if the link is there. If so, click through to make sure it goes to the right place.
Benefits of Removing ‘Powered by Shopify’
As you create your Shopify storefront, you have undoubtedly gone above and beyond in making everything look absolutely perfect. By putting all that time into it, your efforts definitely help your clients see your products in the best light.
The way your store front looks also helps promote your brand, so you can gain name recognition in your industry. As more and more customers recognize your brand, your products can gain traction, resulting in more sales than ever before.
If your customers see your brand as a subsidiary of Shopify instead, it can detract from your company’s image and reputation. They may start to assume that you’re a drop shipping company or otherwise fail to control every step of your process.
Thankfully, you can remove that association by simply getting rid of that pesky ‘Powered by Shopify’ message in the footer or on the password page. It shouldn’t take but a few minutes to do, even if you’re planning on adding an external link instead of a blank space or brand message.
With that move, your brand will stand on its own, allowing you to perfectly showcase your products and build your company’s reputation. So, don’t hesitate to make that change today to upgrade your online store and start achieving all your entrepreneurial goals.