Last Updated on
Content marketing is a great way to get attention and build up your brand’s image on Facebook. But you can’t just throw your content out there and expect people to care. You need to produce quality content that is targeted, relevant, and interesting to your audience. Here are five Facebook content marketing strategy tips for e-commerce.
Learn from the competition
Make competitive analysis a part of your content creation process. You can learn a lot from what the competition is up to. See what kind of content they’ve been creating and analyze what has worked for them and what has not. It’s especially useful to read over your competitors’ reviews and comment sections to see what their customers are happy with and unhappy with. Think about how you can apply this knowledge to your own content strategy. Think about what makes your product unique. What value do you provide that a customer won’t get anywhere else? What’s your angle?
Visuals can be a content marketer’s best friend. Visual appeal is critical to getting a person’s attention, which is difficult in the crowded online marketplace. When it comes to engaging an audience on Facebook and promoting your product, visuals are a great way to improve your ROI. But your returns will vary a great deal depending on the quality of your visuals. Not all visuals are created equal and won’t have the same effect on your audience. Think about the difference between a stock photo and a screenshot from a video, which one is more enticing to your audience? If you’re including words in your image, keep it to five or less, it’s easier for your readers to digest as they’re looking around.
Make mobile a priority
To have a successful e-commerce content marketing strategy on Facebook, it’s necessary to focus on mobile users. As of January 2018, mobile accounts for 95% of Facebook usage. By 2020 it is projected that mobile will account for 45% of e-commerce. As well, CTRs are much higher on mobile e-commerce platforms, so it’s well worth the time to invest in optimizing your site for mobile.
Tell a story
Telling a story is a great way to sell your audience on your brand’s lifestyle and image. Storytelling is also a good option for when you feel as if you’ve been overdoing the how-to style content. “There are a few good ways to tell a story that your audience will connect with and enjoy. One way is to profile and interview someone whom you feel represents the sort of person your customers admire and aspire to be like,” recommends Helen Ikeda, content marketer at Academized. Tell a story about someone overcoming obstacles on their way to success; everybody loves an underdog. Don’t forget that customer stories can be very useful as well, you can gather them by running a contest or by asking happy customers if they would like to share about their experience with your brand.
Write better content with help from online resources
Writing is a skill that needs to be learned and practiced. Your content will not receive the attention it deserves if it is poorly written or edited. Luckily there are tools available online that can help.
- LetsGoandLearn and WritingPopulist – Don’t let grammar bring you down. Use these grammar resources to check over your content before you post it.
- Assignment Help and Big Assignments (read com review)– These are proofreading tools available online that you can use to make sure you haven’t left any mistakes in your copy.
- SimpleGrad and StudyDemic – These writing blogs are full of useful information and tips on how to improve your content writing. Learn from what other people have done and use it to your advantage.
- BestBritishEssays and OXEssays – Edit your content with help from these tools, which have been recommended by StudentWritingServices. Proper editing can be the difference between good persuasive content and amateurish junk.
- Reviewed and Essay Services – Use these writing guides to ensure a smooth and efficient writing process. Writing is made up of several different stages and all are important to creating good content.
Content marketing is a bit of an art form. You need to do your research and find out what has worked for your competitors and apply those lessons to your own content. Tell a compelling story and do it with high-quality visuals. In every step of your strategy keep mobile users in mind. Be sure that everything you write is well-written, edited, and proofread because your content represents your brand. Follow these five tips to develop a successful Facebook content marketing strategy for e-commerce.