Instagram Bio Ideas
Recent PostsFacebook App Install Ads [UPDATED] How to Choose a Niche Market (With Examples) How to Launch Your Online Startup Right Now  How Figuring out What Analytics to Be Tracking Is The Most Powerful Growth Tool for Your Mobile or Web App 8 Proven Ways Financial Advisors Can Grow Their Business How to increase engagement on Facebook? What Social Media Marketing Strategies A New Blogger Should Follow 5 Best Shopping Cart Software to start an eCommerce Business Crucial Tips If You Want to Start Using SEO for Your Business Avoid These 6 Common Facebook Marketing Mistakes Creating Ephemeral Content: Utilizing FOMO in Marketing Facebook Advertising Tools to Amplify Your ROI
Writing a unique Instagram bio can certainly be challenging, especially when you have just 150 characters to make a lasting impression. You also need to consider that the platform has more than 112 million registered users in the United States alone. That’s only 11 percent of the more than 500 million people around the world who have an account on the platform. To gain new followers, your bio should get right to the point and let people know about the messaging of your brand. Below we share some important insights to help you create a powerful Instagram bio that is sure to grow your followers list.
Keep It Simple
People should never read your bio and still wonder what is unique about your brand. However, this can happen if you choose overly technical language or try to say too much. Remember that the simple approach is usually the best one when trying to attract new followers. They should be able to glance at your 150 characters and have immediate understanding of the message you’re trying to convey. If you own a fashion boutique geared towards Millennials, for example, an opening sentence like “All the latest designs for the fashion-conscious Millennial” should get your point across. The information you provide can also be short and sweet, such as:
- Your company motto
- Information about an upcoming sale
- Contact information for professional inquiries
- Invite your follower to post pictures to increase customer interaction with your brand
- A link to shop in your online store
Make It Compelling or Inspirational
Creating a poignant tag line in your bio lets people know the deepest values of your brand instantly. For example, a trauma therapist might say something like “Life tried to break you. We help you pick up the shattered pieces.” These words create an instant visual image of a caring therapist who is there to help people through their most difficult struggles. The words following the tagline don’t need to be full sentences either. They can be more of a list of bullet points that show how your business differs from others in the same industry. Here are some thought starters:
- Living well is the best revenge
- Big mistakes often come disguised as big opportunities
- You don’t have to see the finish line to take the first step
- Worrying is as useless as moldy cheese
- Don’t judge me based on my success. Judge me by how fast I get up when life knocks me down.
People Appreciate Humor in a Serious World
The coronavirus pandemic and other world events mean that many people feel more anxious than ever. They may be on Instagram seeking a temporary diversion from their worries or to find people or brands that understand their concerns. You’re sure to make an impression on new followers just by being witty or humorous. This is especially true with self-depreciating humor because it shows that you don’t take yourself too seriously.
Whatever you decide to post in your bio, make sure it’s original or at least not overused. What started out as a clever retort may have grown old by the time you get around to using it. Making someone else chuckle could be as simple as describing yourself as “Servant to my cat” or “Professional avoider of drama.” Keep in mind that people often appreciate clever Instagram bios but draw the line at offensive. Any attempt at humor should be clean and not single out any specific group of people. Here are several other possibilities to get your creative juices flowing:
- I might put on real clothes today. I also might win the lottery.
- Warning! Do not approach until I’ve had my morning coffee.
- My talents include eating copious amounts of ice cream and telling bad jokes.
- Not responsible for anything I post the hour before lunch.
- I gather around the water cooler in my home office every hour just to hear some intelligent conversation.
Provide Basic Information
Instagram allows you to change your bio as often as you would like. We recommend taking advantage of this by providing a link to current information such as an upcoming workshop or publication of a new book. You can also leave some details alone like your job title, awards, accomplishments, and interests. The point is to provide as much information as possible in a small space to prompt new people to follow the account. Adding that you foster pets, organize food drives for the homeless, or participate in other worthwhile causes help to give a human touch to your business account. Other possibilities include:
- Click here to read our customer reviews
- Free shipping on orders over $25
- We donate two percent of our profits to Red Cross
- Read my blog to see how I lost 50 pounds
- Our office is open limited hours this week
Add Quotes from Famous People
If you have written your bio and still want to spice it up a bit, consider throwing in a quote or two from names your followers will likely recognize. Quotes can be a good way to respond to current events without becoming political or offensive. Using this tactic is even better when the quote relates to your brand’s mission statement. Here are just five that can bring greater professionalism and authenticity to your profile:
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “I would rather die of passion than boredom.” – Vincent van Gogh
- “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
- “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear but the triumph over it.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Genius is one percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” – Thomas Edison
Learn More About the Benefits of Instagram Advertising
Instagram ads are a powerful method of increasing brand awareness and connecting with customers. Influencers with thousands or millions of followers are also common on Instagram. Are you ready to be the next success story? Contact Voy Media in New York City today to learn more about the possibilities and request an initial consultation.