How to Generate Leads
Table Of Contents
Recent PostsThe Fundamental Goal of Facebook Marketing How To Use Social Proof To Sell More Products Online (E-Commerce) Vicious Traps of Offshore Freelancing Copywriting Courses How is Artificial Intelligence Changing E-Commerce Advertisement Space? 4 Easy Steps To Acquire Competitor’s Backlinks on Your Site Facebook Marketing Is A Winner How Do I Start a Dropshipping Business? How To Use Facebook Ads Effectively B2B SEO When and How to Rebrand Your Existing Video How Blockchain is Affecting Content Creators on Social Media
If you’re struggling to generate leads, there are a few strategies you can deploy to keep your business alive. In this article, let’s define a lead, the importance of lead generation, how to qualify someone as a lead, strategies to attract leads, and ways to generate more leads with VoyMedia.
What is Lead Generation?
A lead is a person who has some kind of interest in your business. They may be discovering your business for the first time or thinking about buying your products and services.
In digital marketing, lead generation is the process of attracting and engaging with leads. You want prospective buyers to find your content, sign up for an email list, follow your social media, or give their attention to your business𑁋instead of your competitors.
To ensure your business attracts the right people, your marketing efforts must qualify leads. This allows you to invest time, energy, and resources toward onboarding prospects who not only can afford your products or services but also has a need or desire for it.
Why Generating Leads is Important for Your Business?
Finding ways to attract more leads to your business is a numbers game. The more leads you have, the more information you receive to make better decisions to attract, convert, and retain buyers.
This may be a learning curve, however, with the right tools in place, you can improve your lead generation efforts over time. Some of the questions you should try to answer include:
- How to prospects arrive at your website, app, or store?
- How do prospects interact with your website, app, or store?
- What types of prospects convert and why?
As you collect data, you can put together a powerful marketing funnel that targets your ideal buyers via content, offers, and deals.
Strategies to Generate Leads
Most successful sales come by knowing who your target market is and how to approach them with opportunities that lead to a sale. Selling is all about consulting and closing a deal. However, in order to get to that final step, generating leads is a critical skill to have.
Let’s look at a few strategies you can implement into your marketing efforts to generate the right leads to your business.
#1 Tap Into Social Media
Social media is an ideal top-of-funnel marketing tactic to generate leads. However, if you don’t know what you’re doing, you could be wasting a lot of time, effort, and money getting less-than-satisfactory results.
To maximize your return from social media, here are a few guidelines:
- Connect with as many people as possible. Remember, this is a social platform. People are using it to share and consume content that interest them.
- Post frequently and share content your target audience want and need. If possible, tag people who you think would really appreciate the content or create dedicated pieces interviewing experts and leaders in your industry.
- Include compelling headlines in your social media posts. When sharing content, try to capture attention using headlines such as:
Top 10 Ways to…
The Beginner’s Guide to…
The Truth About…
5 Minutes to a Better…
How to ____________ in Less Than an Hour a Day
15 Genius Hacks to…
5 Things I Wish I Knew About…
- Keep your post copy length between 1 to 80 characters. According to research by Jeff Bullas, posts with 80 characters or less receive 66% more engagement.
#2 SEO & Blogs
Blog posts are a powerful lead generation strategy because each post can be focused on a specific problem in your niche. Also, if you incorporate SEO, you can boost traffic to your website via organic search results.
Anyway, blogs take time and commitment to generate organic traffic and leads. However, with every post you make, you can also share this on social media or use paid ads to reach more leads on different platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and more.
For more on blogging and content marketing, give this a read.
#3 LinkedIn Groups
A strategy used by digital marketing guru, Neil Patel, includes marketing to your target audience in LinkedIn Groups. In just 24 hours he acquired 60 leads.
Here’s how he did it.
- Step 1: Know Your Target Audience. Do some research to find the exact people who are willing to pay for your product or service. Once you figure that out, proceed to step 2.
- Step 2: Find Large & Active LinkedIn Groups. Use LinkedIn’s search bar to find groups large and active groups. The key is group activity which has your target market contributing to conversations. For more assistance on joining groups on LinkedIn, read this.
- Step 3: Engage & Participate in Conversations. Once you have chosen a few groups to join, post some ideas and comment on other posts. If you have a piece of content related to your target market, share it here. Use engaging copy to get upvotes and comments. The next few steps include other strategies mentioned later in this list.
- Step 4: Share a White Paper or Report: Do you have some industry information your target market can use? Create a white paper or report dedicated to them and share it in the LinkedIn Group.
- Step 5: Create a Landing Page: The best way to capture leads from your target market is to host your white paper or report on a landing page. Be sure to include the link and a call to action to sign up and download the information you created. Once you start collecting leads, you can plug them into your email autoresponder or follow up directly through LinkedIn to make a pitch and close a few sales.
#4 Landing Page + Funnel
The previous strategies show you where to find leads. However, in order to capture those leads so you can move forward with the selling side of your marketing, create landing pages.
Throughout all the messages you use to attract leads, your call-to-action should lead people to a dedicated landing page. This is a stand-alone web page designed to capture lead information in exchange for an offer.
What is your offer? That’s for you to decide. But, it should be something that your target market sees the value and could benefit from after they provide you with their information.
Some examples of offers could be:
- Free strategy session to review their business
- Report or white paper about key industry information
- Quick tips and tactics to help people grow their business
- Webinar or course covering key problems of your target market
- Templates that show your target market who to achieve a specific task
When designing your landing pages, be sure to check out these 10 Essential Elements for Success.
Ways to Generate More Leads with Voy Media
At VoyMedia we focus on driving the right prospects and leads to your business. If you’re looking for a creative social media ad strategy to generate leads and improve conversions, let’s arrange a time to discuss your business.