Last Updated on
Do you wonder having multiple logins on Shopify is possible or not? Well, you can!
Having multiple logins on a single Shopify store is absolutely possible with the help of the staff managing feature of Shopify. As being a store owner, you get the option of creating individual accounts for the staff members who will get the privilege of login to Shopify admin.
Moreover, you also get the option of controlling the permissions and the parts that the staff members are allowed to access, which means you can also restrict them from the places that you believe they should not access.
There is an individual option for the Shopify POS as well. In this, you get an opportunity to create POS-only pins for the staff, which restricts their access to the Shopify admin. For them to access the Shopify admin, they are required to be given appropriate permissions.
Let us have a look at the step by step procedure of giving the login permission to your staff and enabling multiple logins.
Step by step method to give staff permission
The only way to provide the team with access to the Shopify store is by sending them invitations through the medium of their email.
Here are the necessary steps for the same:
- Firstly, login to Shopify as the admin so that you can have all the privileges for enabling multiple logins.
- Then you need to go to the settings from the dashboard of your Shopify admin. Then you need to click on the plan and permission tab. If you do not see this tab, then you need to click on the account tab.
Note that if you do not see the plan and permissions tab, then chances are there that you have not settled up the single login yet. In that case, you will find the account tab instead.
- Then you will find an option named staff that you can see in the permission section. In that option, you are required to select the “add staff option” to continue with the steps.
- There you will see an input field where you are required to enter the required details such as the first name and the last name along with the email address so that you can continue with the process of adding a new member of the staff.
Another thing to note is that while you add a staff member initially, the person will get all the privileges by default, and he also will have complete access to the Shopify admin dashboard as well. To prevent this, you are required to uncheck the prompt box that reads “staff has full permissions.” This will restrict their capabilities of accessing the admin privileges.
- Then you need to click on the send invite button.
After that, the invitation email will be sent to the desired email account, and upon verification, the person will become a member of the staff and will be able to login to the Shopify account.
Furthermore, Shopify also allows their store owners to view the login history of the staff as well. Let us have a look at the required steps for the same.
Steps for viewing the login history of the staff
If you are a store owner or a member of the team with access to all the permissions, then you get the privilege of viewing the login history of the staff members. The staff members also get the option of viewing their login history as well.
It is advised to keep checking the login history of the staff to ensure that there is no suspicious login from an unknown IP address, ISP, or location. Any login activity from such sites can be an indication that the account is compromised and can cause a lot of damage to the store if landed in the wrong hands.
Here are the required steps:
- Login as admin, visit settings and click on Accounts
- Visit permissions section and click on desired staff member’s name
- You will be able to see the login history then
So that’s all about the multiple logins to Shopify. We hope that you find it very useful. That’s all we have for today.