If you are aware that your business is in need of website marketing, but lost as of where to start, and words like Search Engine Optimization (SEO) scare you, then hiring an internet marketing company might be your next step, especially if you do not have the time to research and educate yourself about the industry.
Internet marketing refers to digital marketing of products or services using digital technologies, that includes mainly the Internet, mobile phones, display advertising, and other digital mediums. Hiring an internet marketing company could seem like a huge task, but there are a few ways to look knowledgeable to find a good company to help you in your marketing endeavors. Here are five questions to ask any internet marketing company before you hire them:
- How long they’ve been in business and experience? The business of internet marketing is still relatively new and growing, so companies are not going to have 20 years of experience, but a background in traditional marketing, websites, and internet marketing are all related fields and serve as significant experience in the area.
- What their ideal client looks like? The purpose of this question is to establish if there is going to be a good fit between what you need from an Internet marketing company and their needs. Most marketers specialize in something, such as website design, paid search campaign, email marketing, and on and on, so you want to match what the company specializes in.
- If we decide to do business with you, what are the first few steps you are going to do? Internet marketing isn’t a one size fits all. You want to make sure you are getting a company that is going to take time to acquire your unique business objectives and industry. You want to be sure you are getting a company that is going to hit the ground running and can share details about their work methods.
- What is your SEO and link building process? You want to make sure you are hiring an internet marketing company that is going to put the work into building your SEO and relationships, not take the easy way by buying thousands of links that will show quick return but won’t sustain your business. The company you hire should have link building techniques, such as press release marketing, blog posts, and social media, and to build your companies on-site optimization.
- Can you show me a portfolio of your work and provide success stories? Usually, when we hire employees we ask for examples and references, and it should be no different when looking at hiring an internet marketing company, this is an investment for your business, and you want to be sure you are getting the best. It is usual for companies to have non-disclosure agreements with clients, so the possibility of sharing company names and websites might not be allowed. However, if they have done an excellent job and a client is happy with internet marketing companies, they should be able to provide testimonials or reviews.
When speaking with a potential internet marketing company, there are a few phrases to be cautious of, such as “we do everything,” “we will guarantee first page results on a search,” and “we charge by the hour.” You want a company that can focus on a couple of internet marketing strategies and does them very well, and most companies do not have enough employees to serve your every marketing need. Also, there is no assurance that you will be on the first page of search results. You want a company to build an authentic content strategy for long-term effects. If a company is charging by an hourly rate, your budget could be eaten up quickly, and you want to determine how the hours will be split for each project to keep on target.
Most internet marketing companies are small businesses, that will find a collaborative, honest approach to help you in reaching your long-term marketing goals, and building a long-term relationship with their clients.