Best Times to Post on Facebook
Table Of Contents
Recent PostsBest Digital Marketing Podcasts What Is Guerilla Marketing 10 Of The Funniest Digital Marketing Jokes That Will Make You Laugh Product Life Cycle Explained: What It Is, the 5 Stages, & Examples 8 Reasons Every Company Needs a Growth Manager How to Get on TikTok's For You Page (FYP) How to Buy a Domain Name How To Make An Infographic Elements of a Great Company Culture 4 Tips on How to Boost Your Search Engine Optimization Techniques Nametag: Newly Launched Instagram Marketing Features Getting Alone With The Essential Tips For Successful SMS Lead Generation
On the surface, Facebook may seem like a fun tool that you can use personally or professionally to stay in contact with your friends, relatives, customers and supporters. However, it’s actually an advanced technological resource that can be optimized in order to further drive your business and help you achieve superior results.
There’s a lot more involved to posting on Facebook than meets the eye. The key to successfully posting on this massive social network is knowing what to post and when to post it.
Our guide will tell you more about the best times to post on Facebook.
When is the Best Time to Post on Facebook?
If you are hoping to find out that there is one specific time of day or one day of the week that is always the best time to post on Facebook, you might be disappointed. The reality of the situation is that there are different times of day each week that are best for posting your content to Facebook, and those times may vary by your industry, by your followers’ time zone, by current events and by a variety of other factors.
As a general rule of thumb, the best time to post about your business or brand on Facebook is during the middle of the day and during the middle of the week. Facebook is a social networking website that people use most frequently during the work week. It is easy for users to check their news feed while they are grabbing a bite of lunch at work, or while they are commuting from one location to the next.
Recent data indicates that Wednesday is the most powerful day for engagement, and that brands see the most interaction with their followers when they post their content between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. It is best to avoid posting before 7 a.m. or after 5 p.m. Weekend posts are generally a waste of time and effort, particularly posts that are scheduled for Sundays. Many Facebook users unplug on Sundays, and spend more time living their lives than documenting it on social media that day.
While there’s no specific day or exact time that is always the best moment to post on Facebook, you can do a little bit of research and uncover when it is best for your brand to schedule posts in order to optimize engagement and drive conversions.
What is the Best Way to Use Facebook for My Business or Brand?
As you look to find the best time for your brand to post content to Facebook, you will want to consider your target audience and why they may be using the social network in the first place. For example, if you run a beauty industry brand, then you will want to think about the demographics of your target audience and when they are most likely to be on Facebook. You know that the type of people who are most interested in face masks, skin care and all-natural beauty products will have a different priority and engagement level than those who are on Facebook to interact with manufacturing brands or construction companies.
Facebook activity, and the timing of that activity, can vary widely from one industry to another. While the general rule of mid-day posts in the middle of the week can work for any business, some industries have spikes in activity during different times of day. For instance, those in the healthcare industry are more likely to be active on Facebook before noon, while those in the media industry are more active at or after 6 p.m.
It is essential that you not only understand who your target audience is, but you also must know when they are most likely to be active on Facebook and engaged with the brands that they follow.
Using Metrics to Determine the Best Time to Post on Facebook
Fortunately, it’s easier than ever to learn more about your target audience and when they are most likely to be on Facebook. You can use analytics tools and metrics within those tools to discover exactly when your audience is most engaged and how they are most interested in interacting with you.
Facebook has a built-in tool called Facebook Insights. Facebook Insights provides you with at-a-glance information about your audience and about the engagement levels with your most recent posts. Through Facebook Insights, you can:
- Analyze the time that your followers are most active on Facebook. Facebook Insights breaks it down by the hour and by the day, giving you quick information about the best time to post your content to Facebook.
- Evaluate your most recent posts and look at data related to your followers’ engagement with those posts. You can see who interacted with those posts, and learn more about who is not interested in them.
- Discover the posts that were most successful. You can use this information to create more similar content that will continue driving engagement.
Facebook Insights is designed to help any business that is trying to develop a presence on Facebook. Not all businesses or brands can afford to hire a professional social media manager. This analytics tool can provide the average user with the data they need to make the most thoughtful and strategic social media strategy for their business.
Tips and Tricks for Finding the Best Time to Post on Facebook for Your Industry
In addition to using the data that can be uncovered about your own brand on Facebook Insights, you will also want to consider your business industry or brand niche as you schedule your posts. Here’s what you need to know about scheduling Facebook posts based on your industry:
- Businesses that Promote and Sell Consumer Goods — Businesses in this sector should post on Facebook on Wednesdays and Fridays. The highest engagement times on these days is between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Media Businesses – Those in the media industry have a different type of audience to consider. The best time for them to post is on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. They will see their highest engagement levels between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. or around 5 p.m.
- Education Brands and Businesses — This is one of the few sectors that sees a higher engagement level on the weekends. The best days to post are Wednesdays and Saturdays. The best time of day to schedule those posts is either 9 a.m. or 5 p.m.
- Nonprofit Organizations — Nonprofit organizations can reach their target audience by posting on Wednesdays and Fridays. It is ideal to schedule all Facebook posts for between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m.
- Technology Companies — Those in the tech sector can rely on their dedicated followers to be most engaged on Wednesdays between 9 a.m. and 12 noon.
- Health and Wellness Brands — This is another sector that finds engagement levels to be best during the middle of the week. It is recommended that these brands post to Facebook between 10 a.m. and 12 noon on Wednesdays.
- Financial Companies — As those in the finance sector largely appeal to professionals, they will find that the best time to schedule Facebook posts is during the lunch hour. Posting on Wednesdays at 12 noon is recommended for finance brands.
- Recreational Brands — Businesses in the recreational industry are targeting a more relaxed audience that may have more flexibility during their days. They should schedule Facebook posts for 2 p.m. on Tuesdays, 1 p.m. on Wednesdays and 11 a.m. on Fridays.
Other Resources to Help You Optimize the Timing of Your Facebook Posts
On the surface, it may seem like a tiresome and tedious job to keep track of when to post on Facebook and to try to be available to optimize the posts. Fortunately, there are tools and resources available that allow you to schedule those posts in advance. This can help you automate your social media strategy, and can make it easier than ever to implement an optimized plan that is designed to drive results.
Some of the most popular tools that will help you schedule Facebook posts include:
- Loomly — This is a social media calendar app.
- Sprout Social — This is a great app for managing a social media team.
- PromoRepublic — This social scheduling app allows you to schedule different types of posts for different times of day. It also makes suggestions to help you improve your timing and increase your optimization.
- Hootsuite — Hootsuite allows you to schedule posts, and also provides you with data about your engagement levels.
- Buffer — This tool helps you schedule and manage your brand posts across various social media accounts.
Facebook is a valuable marketing tool that businesses of all sizes should be using in order to promote their products and services and reach out to their most motivated market segments. Whether you are an individual looking to build your brand identity or you run a global corporation that needs to continue increasing its sales and driving revenue, you can use Facebook to your advantage.
Knowing the best time to post on Facebook is the first step. For more information on the best social media marketing tips and tricks, contact us today.