Google’s free service Search Console will help you to monitor and uphold the presence of your website in the search results of Google. This service can monitor the performance of your site in the search results, so you need to,
- Ensure that Google can access your content
- Submit fresh content for crawling
- Remove all the content which you do not want to make visible in Google
- Create and check content which delivers search results that are visually engaging
- Maintain the website with very less disruption
- Check and solve spam or malware issues to keep the site clean
- Check how people see your website
- Learn about the queries that made your website visible in Google
- What are those queries that brought more web traffic?
- Is the contact information of your company, product prices or events emphasized on the search results?
- Check the websites that link to your site
- Lastly is the mobile site working well for people that search on mobile?
Search Console and its Uses
Who can use Google Search Console? Well anybody having a website right from advanced to newbie, specialist to generalist, can make the most of a Google Search Console. Take a look,
- Business Owner That Delegates- Knowing about the basics of Search Console in today’s age is a must. You can consult a marketing specialist or a webmaster from a reputable New Jersey SEO firm to assist you in setting the site with the help of Search Console. You can work hand in hand with them to have control and access for all website reports. Getting familiar with how your website functions in Google is indeed a good idea as this will help you in taking vital decisions when it comes to your business website.
- Marketer or SEO Specialist- Search Console will wonderfully assist people focused on internet marketing to monitor the traffic on their site, optimize their ranking and take the right decision concerning the appearance of the search results of your site. Google Search Console can use this information for influencing the website’s technical choices and conduct sophisticated marketing research together with many other Google tools such as Google Ads, Google Trends and Analytics.
- App Developer- For any business that owns an app automatically they will desire to discover how mobile users get to know about their app through Google Search. Search Console will assist them in seamlessly integrating their app with the site.
- Web Developer- In case one is making their site’s actual code/markup, Google Search Console will help them in monitoring and resolving common problems with markup like a flaw in the structured data.
- Site Administrator- Being the admin of a site, one will give his best for his site’s healthy operation. Search Console will allow them to monitor easily and at times also solve security problems like malware and hacking, site load problems and server errors. Besides they can also use the same to make sure any adjustments or website maintenance that they do is a smooth one as far as search performance is concerned.
Make Search Problems Simpler
Along with making the diagnosing problems simpler, Search Console will also help to make client reporting simpler. Search Console will work wonders to augment the SEO and that too free of cost. Take a look at how Search Console can help to improve a site,
- Index Status- At the time of a website launch, this will enable one to check whether the website is indexed and also the total number of pages that are listed. Besides, it will also help one to check blocked pages through robots.txt as well as the erased pages from the popular Google index. If the blocked pages are high in number, it means one has not removed the widely used tags of no-follow and no-index at the time of development. When the indexed pages experience a significant drop, it means that Google cannot access the pages or are not much valuable to stay indexed. That must be checked every month to monitor the performance of the site, whether new pages are getting indexed and whether any page is blocking Googlebot accidentally.
- HTML Improvements- It will cover the fundamental improvements that one can make in a site including non-indexable content, meta descriptions, and duplicate titles. If a site is indexed fully or any alteration made to the existing website, making improvements in the HTML can help.
- Crawl Stats- Through crawl stats, one can get familiar with the number of pages that are visited by Google on an average when it visits the site. It is vital to check the structure of the website and the content update rate.
- Website Link- The truth is Google will not pick all links build on a website despite showing up in the different third-party tools. This section will enable one to check their profile links as seen by Google. It is crucial to analyze the anchor text ratios, choose the potentially harmful links as well as to understand if a website is getting new links. Although links have a lag time to be visible in Google yet it is recommended to check the links of the site every month to discover and remove harmful links if any right away from the website.
- Structured Data- This will allow Google in understanding a website content better. In case of a film theatre this will mark updates and show times, and in case of a restaurant, it can be reviews or hours. The website content will help in determining those structured data items which one needs to incorporate. Through the help of Google, Structured Data Markup Helper one can create structured data. After putting the mark-ups, one should periodically check those structured data tool time and again to make sure that the information is appropriately labeled. It is vital while utilizing plugins in case of WordPress which generates Schema mark up automatically.
- Search Analytics– Through search analytics, one can view the fruits of their labor. Besides they can discover keywords or pages which they do not know are performing good in the search. For instance, a page may receive enough impressions along with having a good ranking yet its CTR may be low. One can use this information for making changes in the page title and meta descriptions that will improve the CTR potentially. Here a second use will be to look for keywords that are shy to send web traffic. It is suggested to search for keywords that have an average position amid 11 and 15. To improve the rankings for such terms a couple of spots will increase the organic traffic.
- Site Errors- Post crawling of the site by Google, one can check whether their website has any site errors. Pages showing 404 are not always bad yet if it has numerous internal links the Googlebot will hit the dead end. If there are a just a few pages that get crawled on a day to day basis, definitely one will not desire their crawl budget to go on waste on the 404 pages. When the 404 pages have a link 301 can be used on the homepage for preserving the link juice. Rest leave it as it is and allow Google in removing the same from their index during the time of updating.
- Internal Links- These are links which connect a web page with another. Though it is pushed aside often internal linking is extremely crucial. For instance, there may be a web page which is vital to rank for, so one will want that it gets plenty of internal links coming from other pages that are related. It will help in boosting up topical relevancy and at the same time send to that critical page the link juice. Along with the perks of ranking, the internal links will also prove advantageous to help people in navigating the website. Should one begins it from a blog, they can internally link it with the service page. It will advance them via their funnel thereby presenting them through information which they are on the lookout for. One can link to other pages as well which can further build or explain on the post/page’s key points. It will thoroughly guide the users via the learning process with online advertising in nyc, keep them longer on the site and also make them take action on the CTAs.
- Messages– It will alert one about the problems that are present on the website. The messages at times are merely general information such as improve the search presence, and at other times it can be hacked content detected. In fact if one does not utilize Search Console’s other features they must verify their site to be intimated should they get a manual penalty or their website gets hacked. The sooner they know naturally, the sooner the issue can be fixed.
If you want to enjoy the real benefits of Search Console contact an SEO expert today.