Google Data Studio Help Guide – Quick Points to get the best out of it
Recent PostsTwitter vs Facebook Threads: What Industry Experts Say? 3 Basic Ways to Rank Your Ecommerce Website in Search Engine Pages Finding The Top Long Island Marketing Companies How to Get Verified on Instagram How Do I Calculate Shipping Costs? How Do I Start a Dropshipping Business? Hiring A Marketing Company Can Change Your Business Outlook! Confirmed: Google To Stop Showing Ads On Right Side Of Desktop Search Results Worldwide How Do You Do Facebook Marketing? Benefits Of Marketing With Facebook Facebook Marketing Is A Winner Key to Creating Loyal Customers
Did you know about the fantastic Google Data Studio? If “Yes,” you don’t need any introduction about it; if “No,” then within this blog, you will unleash one of the best data visualization tools around the internet.
What is Google Data Studio?
Does the first question arise after hearing what Google Data Studio is? The answer to this question is it’s a communication tool that collects data from different sources and visualizes it on a single screen.
The primary function of Data Studio is to visualize the data, not modify it.
How to use Google Data Studio?
If you are using it for the first time, you may find it challenging, but nothing seems to be complicated when you are used to it. It has interactive layouts of business and marketing data specially designed for reporting and analysis of different in-platform report builders like Google AdWords, Google Analytics, etc.
Here are some tips to follow while working on Google Data Studio:
Get Started: Log into Google Data Studio with your Google account to get started.
First Interface: After logging in to Google Data Studio, you will interact with this layout.
Next Move: The next step in creating your first report is to check out the left sidebar; you can see some options, like choosing your messages and data sources. The next move is picking the reports option.
After choosing it, you need to click on the (+) button at the bottom right. It will send you a blank canvas to show your creativity and transform your data into a striking visual.
Starting Visualization: Before updating the blank canvas, you need to manually add a data source to visualize your data. There are some predefined sample data given in the right sidebar. From here, you can choose the sample data provided by Google.
For this guide, we have selected the Sample Google Analytics data and started the visualization.
Make Simple Bar Chart: You can make a chart of your specific data by clicking on the option “Add a Chart” and selecting the chart type. After that, you need to customize it according to your needs, like setting up the dimension and metrics to visualize your data.
Example of making a chart in Google Data Studio.
Time Series Chart: The time series is a chart in which you can show the time data comparison according to the time. You can use the bar or lines option in this chart to display your data.
You can use the different options for data modification, like selecting the date range, Data control, filter, URL embedding, etc. It is handy for creating Analytic reports and filtering data concerning the time domain.
Analytic Connectivity: If you have a Google Analytics account and want to integrate it with Data Studio, follow the simple steps below.
- Select the data source option in the sidebar after choosing the chart type.
- Create a new data source and select analytics.
- Choose the specific property and add the data.
Preview the Data: After completing the changes you want to make in the report, you can preview your data sheet by clicking on the “View” option in the top right corner.
Benefits of Using Google Data Studio:
There are many benefits to using Data Studio for reporting; here we are listing a few of them below:
1) Free of Cost: It is one of the best open-source data visualizing tools, providing its user with all the features without charging a single penny.
2) Report Customization: While using data studio, you will interact with a blank canvas, and you can use it for creating single-page or multi-page reports. You can even customize the size of columns just by dragging and dropping. The formatting option empowers you to customize your information to your branding and color needs.
3) Merge Data: One of the best features of Google data studio is to merge data from 90 different sources. While customizing the reports, you can choose as many data resources as you need. It is the best way to integrate data from other sources on one dashboard without facing any errors.
4) Widget Lover: If you love using widgets, then Data Studio will be where you would enjoy working. In Data Studio, you can add the device as many charts and tables as you want.
5) No API Restriction: In Google Analytics, you can use as many as seven dimensions at once, but in Data Studio, you do not need to be worried about limits. When you connect your Google Analytics account, it will access all the data in a single shot.
Conclusion: As it says, the best time to start something is right now. When you begin with Google Data Studio, you are about to unleash the power of this excellent tool.
If you have a business and want your data to visualize your digital marketing, you can contact any good digital marketing agency to help you with that.
If you need more information or help with your Search Engine Optimization, contact Cibirix Digital Marketing Agency. Citrix is one of the best Miami SEO Companies, which offers Digital Marketing Services in Charlotte, Raleigh, Dallas, Austin, and almost all over the USA.