As the largest and most popular social network in the world, Facebook represents a genuine advertising magnet for all sorts of businesses. This is particularly the case with video advertisers who know that the platform is incredibly effective at raising brand awareness and boosting user interest.
According to the reports, Facebook video marketing is very influential because:
- 26% of Facebook users who click on ads report making a purchase
- Video ads have an average clickthrough rate of 1.84%, the highest of all digital ad formats
In such circumstances, the only real issue is how to select the best-performing video advertising model for your campaigns. We will show you here the benefits of Facebook video advertising and the most productive video ad formats.
Benefits of Facebook Video Advertising
Most people take video advertising for granted because they don’t truly understand how it works. But if you are able to find the most appropriate video solution for your brand, you can expect to earn some highly practical benefits such as:
- Popularity: More people watch Facebook videos every day, especially on mobile devices
- Conversions: Users are prone to converting upon watching video ads
- Shareable: A lot of viewers share amusing video ads with their friends and peers
- Educational: Video can explain so many product-related details in a limited amount of time
- SEO: Google and other search engines give priority to videos in search results
- Storytelling: Using video ads, you don’t only educate but also tell stories to humanize the brand
- Analytics: Facebook video advertising provides users with the most detailed analytics tools
Most Impactful Facebook Video Ad Types
It’s impossible to determine the exact number of Facebook video ad formats because options are almost limitless. It all depends on creativity and inspiration of a marketer, but we can definitely highlight some types that proved to be better than the others. Here are our top five choices:
- Worksafe video ads
The name of this format shows that the content is safe to open at the office. Why is that so? It’s because worksafe videos function even with the sound off. This is an essential feature since 85% of users watch Facebook videos without sound.
Worksafe video ads use text titles to explain the content, which is a convenient solution for people who spend a lot of time in the crowd: working, commuting, or similar. Besides that, this format is valuable if you want to approach non-native English speakers who can’t understand spoken language so quickly.
Animations are easy to create, fun, and amusing. It’s a perfect combination to design high-quality Facebook video ads, so you might want to put it high on your priority list. However, there is a big catch here. You need to be careful about execution since a lot of other marketers publish animation-based ads frequently.
The audience is beginning to consider this model too generic because most authors use the same style, color schemes, filters, and visual effects. In such circumstances, you must create fresh and amusing animated characters in order to evoke emotions and grab the attention of the target group. But if you are able to do that, rest assured the animation will fulfill its purpose.
- Short but informative
Short but highly informative video ads make one of the most widespread formats because they last around 30 seconds but still manage to provide useful explanations and educate viewers. They usually function as how-to videos, guides, or product reviews and have a high retention rate.
But shooting a short and informative Facebook video ad is everything but simple. You need to be a real copywriting guru to compile everything in less than a minute. This is a serious task and we strongly recommend you look for advice from professional services like:
– Scholaradvisor.com: It’s a team of copywriting professionals who help many marketers to write appealing video scripts.
– Proessaywriting.com: With over 700 expert authors, Pro Essay Writing is one of the most successful writing agencies.
– Myassignmentwriting.com.au: This organization gathers copywriters with years of relevant marketing experience.
– Essaywritinglab.co.uk: An all-around team that can help with everything from video ad screenplay ideas to the actual copywriting.
– College-paper.org: It’s yet another agency with dozens of top notch authors, editors, and proofreaders.
Hiring a real actor (or an employee) to present the video is always a good solution if you want to show the human side of the business. It’s nice a way to develop a unique brand voice and let the world know there is so much more about your company than just products and services.
The concept basically works just like short and informative videos, but you add a human touch by introducing a speaker. The point is to show a nice presenter who can make your video ads look more natural, compelling, and trustworthy.
If you don’t want to create standard video ads but have a lot of images at your disposal, you might as well try with GIFs. This format is popular because it displays moving images, which makes the content dynamic and allows you to tell a story image after image.
Facebook is not only a social network but also a very serious marketing channel. Video advertising makes it particularly important because the platform proves to be extremely effective at raising awareness and generating leads.
This article described the five most important Facebook video ad formats. Each of these models has its pros and cons, so make sure to think about it carefully and choose the one that suits the specific requirements of a given Facebook advertising campaign.