How we turned 49K into 270K with Amazon Ads
Blankets For Kids
Blankie Tails produces kids blankets made out of super-soft, durable, and arguably the most satisfying feature of the product, made to fit like a mermaid. The product turned out to be a huge hit with the kiddies and even got Disney licensing to use its Disney princess’ and the hit characters from the movie Frozen.
Our goal was to grow their sales on Amazon using several different Amazon PPC strategies. The difficult part about this product is the extremely niche audience and they had a very low advertising cost of sale(ACoS) to begin with. Over the course of 3 months, we consistently monitored and improved our Amazon strategy:
- We gathered data to find which keywords produced the top sales and figure out where our top competitors are placing bids.
- Made sure we got all main keywords.
- Stayed on top of negative keywords to prevent wasted ad spend.
- Made sure bids were adjusted properly.
- Made recommendations to optimize the listings.
- Eliminated any search terms that were costing a lot of money and receiving no sales.
- Began turning down high ACoS search terms (unless they were producing a lot of sales with a comfortable ACoS).
- Pulled out search terms from the automatic campaigns and added them to the manual campaigns.
- Added negative exacts to the automatic campaigns. Began turning down bids on automatic campaigns.
- By this point, we had enough data to make big decisions based on their goals.
- We started adjusting bids and optimizing campaigns to work towards the ACoS target.
Towards the end of month 2, we were able to optimize each amazon campaign to generate the most revenue. After filtering out keywords that only wasted our ad budget, we were able to get a feel on the keywords we should be bidding on. Our team of creatives and media buyers were able to convert a 49k ad spend into 270k.
What are you waiting for?